Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chris Review

One of the @chrisyoungfans followers on Twitter got to see Chris for the first time recently when he played a show in Michigan with Jimmy Wayne. Janna was awesome enough to email a review and a few pictures from the show.



Driving down the road, I heard WITL Lansing Radio was having Chris Young for a Christmas party, along with Jimmy Wayne! FOR FREE. I immediately got in line for a pair of tickets.

I had to go out and buy Chris' album. The only song I heard at that point was Gettin' You Home.. I melted when I saw the video and when I heard it on radio!

Long story short, I waited in line from 2pm until 7pm in the 20degree weather! WORTH EVERY MINUTE! We were front row, Chris being about 5feet from me. Man, is he TALL!!

He was very engaging - using those eyes of his to win the crowd, which didn't take long.

After the show, he was just hanging around the Whiskey Barrel Saloon chatting and drinking it up (lightly, I may add) with whoever was there. He was in a black baseball cap, backwards, just hanging out! NO management, nothing! I didnt want to be a bother and tap him on the shoulder, but soo glad I did!

I apologized to him about getting his attention and said "Do you just hate this?" and his response was "Hate what? No - I love it!!". I told him I had watched his video loong before radio played his song and he explained how to get the radio stations to play music.. "They have all the same stuff that CMT has (videos vs music) you just have to ask them to play it". He was really kind and looked into my eyes as we chatted. I could have forgotten that he was such an up and coming star, because of his laid back and engaging personality! I have heard the album a dozen times since then, and can picture his face singing every song.

If someone hasn't had the chance to see him, DO IT. Made me a fan, instantly!







I agree with Janna. If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing Chris in concert yet, GO. You can find out if he'll be near you at his website, www.chrisyoungcountry.com. And while you're there, join his official message board and the Street Team too. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment